Coralvue Flipper Scraper Question!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dimorb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dimorb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
124
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible and an option to store the flipper scraper inside the aquarium at all time or do I risk something / contamination for doing so?

/Andre.
 
I keep mine in my tanks full time because I am more likely to clean the glass more often when it is readily available. I park mine at the top with the blade facing outward (soft scrub side against the glass) and with the blade out of the water so it doesn’t get covered in coraline algae or corrode as quickly.
 
Best practice would be outside the tank.
If small snails or other creatures with a hard exterior settle down on the pad you could end up scrapping scratches into the tank glass by mistake
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new