CoralVUE Hydros

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them running three tanks. they work great and were easy to set up. Glad I went with Hydros. New attachments continue to be released

d0gFartz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had apex for a week and switched to hydros….. hands down easier and better app to deal with.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an XS and X2 running my reef tank. They are very easy to setup with the app. And I love the versatility of all the types of sensors and connections you can use. The X4, X3, X2, XS, wave engine, and wave engine LE make it easy to mix and match to what inputs you need!

Tankalicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a control 2 for 6 months. Sometimes the app needs to be closed and reopened and I had to use my wifes iphone to set it up the first time.

The Bluetooth has problems with my Motorola but the wifi works good.

I was able to shut off a pump and clear an alarm from 2 states away using the app while on the phone with my in-laws taking care of my tank.

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an XS and X2 running my reef tank. They are very easy to setup with the app. And I love the versatility of all the types of sensors and connections you can use. The X4, X3, X2, XS, wave engine, and wave engine LE make it easy to mix and match to what inputs you need!
Are they chained together into a collective? Or are you running them separate?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they chained together into a collective? Or are you running them separate?

I have them setup in a collective. Make sure you get the terminator from Coralvue’s website. A collective won’t function without one

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Neptune rules the world of tank controllers, but it comes at a high price. Has anyone used the Hydros controllers and if so what is your opinion of it?
How far are you from Slidell? That is where CoralVue is.

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have questions about setting up a collective? I have 8 control units setup in a collective.
I do, I’m looking at a X3 monitor set up with adding a XS to it for more water sensors, so I can set some oh crap shut offs up for my closed loops, skimmer, and return pump. I don’t really need the functions of an apex, and I don’t really intend to use the Hydros for anything more than a panic shut off for things if I’m out of town and say, Heavens forbid, a bulkhead blows out and I lose forty gallons. Would rather not lose my pumps on top of it.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The X3 monitor starter pack is a good one for that. The XS will add 4 more sense ports that will give you 6 sense ports and a pH port. The wifi strips are only 39.99 each and have 4 controllable AC outlet and 4 USB outlets that are controlled as one. That is all you would have to do to start using it as a controller. you will need a command buss cable and a terminator to connect them as one controller. Also you will get push notifications on any device you have app installed on. They do plan on having a couple of wired AC outlet options in the future. I have two of the XS units and an X3 in the collective. If you haven't seen the App here are some screenshots. You can separate your inputs and outputs etc into pages. This is set to the dark mode. I got screenshots of my hex tank page and the page for the storage tanks in the garage. On the inputs if the outer ring is highlighted blue they are within normal limits. The outputs that the outer ring are highlighted blue are on. The ones that are grey are off. The pH, temp and sump full inputs on the first screenshot are from an X3. The sump high, sump low, skimmer full and stand leak 42 are from the XS that is at the tank. The inputs at the storage tanks are a mix of a X4, XS and two X2's.

8F090AC3-741C-4018-8E92-FACC182E8977.png

92F5346E-1BD1-489A-B9F3-45964FCA6021.png

E6BA1D92-BD2A-4276-9912-25962BC836A8.png

9D6CFC41-8850-4D2D-BFFD-D5658F863507.png

9A0BD624-4B02-4828-A419-32B658119552.png

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The X3 monitor starter pack is a good one for that. The XS will add 4 more sense ports that will give you 6 sense ports and a pH port. The wifi strips are only 39.99 each and have 4 controllable AC outlet and 4 USB outlets that are controlled as one. That is all you would have to do to start using it as a controller. you will need a command buss cable and a terminator to connect them as one controller. Also you will get push notifications on any device you have app installed on. They do plan on having a couple of wired AC outlet options in the future. I have two of the XS units and an X3 in the collective. If you haven't seen the App here are some screenshots. You can separate your inputs and outputs etc into pages. This is set to the dark mode. I got screenshots of my hex tank page and the page for the storage tanks in the garage. On the inputs if the outer ring is highlighted blue they are within normal limits. The outputs that the outer ring are highlighted blue are on. The ones that are grey are off. The pH, temp and sump full inputs on the first screenshot are from an X3. The sump high, sump low, skimmer full and stand leak 42 are from the XS that is at the tank. The inputs at the storage tanks are a mix of a X4, XS and two X2's
This is great information, thank you so much for sharing the screen shots. I’m especially pleased at the deuteronopic friendly menus/pages. Drives me crazy when things are in colors I can’t differentiate. Are you running the sensor rope leak detector on any of your systems? Any idea how long it is?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great information, thank you so much for sharing the screen shots. I’m especially pleased at the deuteronopic friendly menus/pages. Drives me crazy when things are in colors I can’t differentiate. Are you running the sensor rope leak detector on any of your systems? Any idea how long it is?
I don't have the rope leak detector yet. I have been thinking about using it in the garage. Right now i still use the one I was using with my old controller. A lot of the sensors I had with the old controller. The temp sensors are all Hydros and I have one point leak detector in the stand of the tank. If you are into DIY there is a lot of that type of information on the hydros forum.

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the rope leak detector yet. I have been thinking about using it in the garage. Right now i still use the one I was using with my old controller. A lot of the sensors I had with the old controller. The temp sensors are all Hydros and I have one point leak detector in the stand of the tank. If you are into DIY there is a lot of that type of information on the hydros forum.

Oh snap! Thanks, this is right up my alley!

KliJefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick questions but I am rare on this forum and have no clue where to go! im sorry

I unplugged my Hydros 4 to move it to a new outlet. I plugged it back in and it seems to be connected because I can control everything from my phone and everything works/runs fine, controls everything. But when it restarts all of the lights cycled and just shut off, I have no lights at all while it is running compared to before I unplugged it I know some blue or purple lights were on. Is this normal or whats going on? TIA.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick questions but I am rare on this forum and have no clue where to go! im sorry

I unplugged my Hydros 4 to move it to a new outlet. I plugged it back in and it seems to be connected because I can control everything from my phone and everything works/runs fine, controls everything. But when it restarts all of the lights cycled and just shut off, I have no lights at all while it is running compared to before I unplugged it I know some blue or purple lights were on. Is this normal or whats going on? TIA.
The lights are probably in the night mode at this time. Look under options in and check the LED On Time and LED Off Time. If it is between the LED Off Time and the LED On Time it is suppose to have the LED's off unless there is an alert of some kind or you just powered it up. See screenshot below.

7CC1E9B9-6682-4EF1-8A61-3CFFF90E89F3.png

Back