CoralVue Icecap Hydros unregister device

HooliganGunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I purchased a set of these used 2k gyres off ebay with the wifi controller. I however cant register and control the devices because there is a stupid registration lock on the device. I've contacted the seller who says he never registered them (which makes no sense as it is a forced registration to use the device) and he has since stopped responding. Contacted CoralVue support because the website says a Hydros representative can unlink it so I can re link and use them and they all say they cant due to "legal reasons". Anyone know anything else I can do? Never thought I'd run into this issue buying it used? I could get my money back through ebay but I'd rather just get them working. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
H

HooliganGunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This didnt help?
No, the issue isnt with the device. The device has a device ID when I go try to pair it to the app it tells me it is already registered to a different account (the guy that sold it to me) and that he or Hydros has to unlink it from that account before I can link it to mine to control it. Factory reset doesnt change the device ID or unlink it from his account.

Even after providing the seller this link he has not unlinked it claiming he never registered the devices which makes no sense. In order to use the controller the registration is forced to the account you have to create to use the app.

Says that a HYDROS rep can remove it but customer support =/= hydros representative as they all told me no. I'm lost as to what I can do at this point besides get ebay to return them to him

OP
OP
H

HooliganGunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Update for anyone else that ever gets in this situation. Do NOT try calling, the phone support can not do it. But if you send in an email ticket with proof of purchase from ebay then they can unlock it for you! Still waiting on him to unlock it but I just got an email asking for proof to get it unlocked. Now we wait

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Update for anyone else that ever gets in this situation. Do NOT try calling, the phone support can not do it. But if you send in an email ticket with proof of purchase from ebay then they can unlock it for you! Still waiting on him to unlock it but I just got an email asking for proof to get it unlocked. Now we wait
Curious the outcome of this.. I bought 2 of these off a guy on FB marketplace.. no contact back from Coralvue.. I don’t understand the protocol, do they think people are breaking into homes and stealing pumps?..

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think to do the right thing and be fair I think Hydros Coralvue should let you register it and make it work, you did not do anything wrong, and you have the purchase receipt from eBay, it's like they don't care if you lose a lot of money, and that's not right, have a Heart.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back