Coralvue WaveEngine

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, one controller to control all my wave makers!

http://hydroswaveengine.com/

Looks like a great product, looking forward to it coming out.

WE_img.png

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it doesn't drive the varios 6 or 8 pumps, which are 36 volt, so it probably tops out around 30volts. But if you've followed any of the DC pump threads, you know how important the controller is, so I would be very pleased if it has equal or better controls of the noisey wave makers.

I have 4 gyre 250s, so having them on one controller would be great as they're only coupled in pairs.

U

User1

View Badges
I think if you are invested into the product or ecosystem then this could work. However it depends on how much control you have over the flow. Having a pair of XF250's I can say in my experience so far they fall short of crucial patterns such as nutrient transport that others have. Be it built in or DIY.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and there is customization but some flow patterns are darn near impossible to re-create. Something simple as adding a pause interval in alternating modes be it the predefined or custom. Or, I should say ease of building based on their controller clock entries. I would still prefer a native controller API/interface to work and remove yet another device, dongle, or other layer.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be great. I’ll get it just to avoid the annoyance of the maxspect controller!

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the point of this controller is three fold:

1) Better driver technology, DC controllers have a HUGE impact on the actual functioning of the device
2) Wide compatibility, it looks like you can drive all of the Reef Octopus and EcoTech family and control most other systems with 0-10v, not locked to one ecosystem
3) Better programming, hopefully a robust interface so programs can be as customized as desired.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it doesn't drive the varios 6 or 8 pumps, which are 36 volt, so it probably tops out around 30volts. But if you've followed any of the DC pump threads, you know how important the controller is, so I would be very pleased if it has equal or better controls of the noisey wave makers.

I have 4 gyre 250s, so having them on one controller would be great as they're only coupled in pairs.

It can control 36v pumps via 0-10v!!!!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like a great product, looking forward to it coming

Bu, what I really need is a controller similar to this one but where you can custom control your stream pumps(eflux) or 3k, these I use. Example if I want to turn on my 3k for say 10 secondson and off 10 sec, back on 10 seconds for likes 2 minutes then turn off while different 3K on same amount of time as first 3K, that's what I'm looking for.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like a great product, looking forward to it coming out.

WE_img.png

But, what I really need is a controller similar to this one but where you can custom control your stream pumps(eflux) or 3k, these I use. Example if I want to turn on my 3k for say 10 seconds on and off 10 sec, back on 10 seconds for likes 2 minutes then turn off while different 3K on same amount of time as first 3K,pretty much alternate, that's what I'm looking for.

Right now I can duplicate this type of programming with a seconds to minute timer just by plugging in the 110 cord of the stream pump to the timer

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't really released the product yet, so that functionality may exist, we don't know yet.

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how the manufacturer would know, just ship the broken pump back with the original controller. It's not like it would be doing something significantly different than the oem controller, spinning.

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Carlos@CoralVue may have info. Anyone see this at reefapalooza in Orlando this weekend? I saw some short videos from reefs.com, but nothing specific.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you think of all the power supplies and cable that you will be getting rid of plus, the fact that you can run all different brands of pumps in a single wave pattern where all pumps work together (something that nothing out there right now can do) and have full cloud interface using Amazon Web Services, high security as Amazon does not let you use their hardware unless you follow their high security standards, the fact that it can be connected to the APEX (but not required) so you can send Feed mode or water change mode to all the pumps, plus more in our opinion is a very good price.

But just like any other product out there, it is not for everybody.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • None.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back