• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

cornbread coral very unhappy with them

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so about a month ago I got a few acros in a corn bread auction, I paid $80 for a wwc wt-f acro and $59 for a atomic fireball acro and i had a freebe that was a another acro. so i got them as soon as they came and they were ice cold the heat pack wasnt even activated and the freebe looked half dead. so i put them in hoping they would do well and they never colored up and i lost all 3 of them first the freebe 5 days then the atomic 12 days and then the wt-f 15 days later. So i lost 170 dollars+. I called twice and got no response I will never buy from them again they sucked!

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cornbread sells the smallest nubs of nubs and thinks they are good size. I’ve never even seen a half inch frag from them, the guy is a goof I called and complained and he said well they live in our tanks so that’s your issue buddy do you even know how to keep coral. And I said buddy I’ve been keeping coral for 3 years and acros for the same I have great luck with my acros and don’t lose many. I suggest you stop ripping people off and give them Frags that will survive that are about a 1 inch, and he got mad and hung up.

I REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM CORNBREAD CORALS THEY HAVE APRIGHT PRICES AND THY DO EBAY AUCTIONS AND THEY ARE NOT WJAY THEY SAY THEY SAY A 1/2 to a inch they there nubs. So do not buy from them!!!

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to read reviews to get a scope on how customer issues are handled should a problem arise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s a nice coral but yeah dude I wouldn’t give them a penny of your money, I bet you could find one another place

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I lost all 3 of the acros I bought totaled about 200 dollars and shipping on top of that

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats Huge blow .Quick story. I bought a Diamond Goby from WWC in Orlando . Next morning he was doing death dance. I messaged WWC and they responded and said they would replace or credt the fish despite there fish policy. I later ran my nextcam back and found out my clowns were murderers. Of course I never did cashed in on the goby, but its how they handled the situation. Ex: By not asking me if I knew how to keep fish.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a diamond goby and love that guy with my long nose hawkfish. I’ve been thinking of adding clowns but idk about them now

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought my first auction corals from Cornbreads, and living Fort Lauderdale I was able to meet him locally(Thursday). Very nice guy. The corals are thriving in my tank, haven't seen any issue with them. maybe you got a bad batch or something went wrong?

As for size I don't know what to expect when it comes to buying coral off ebay. Not sure what's big or small. What I got seems a good size. It had one big head and 2 baby heads growing on the side.

Edit: The customer service was a bit crappy but oh well.
536d6fed7053d3c6076ba2771491379e.jpg
3c0b410d6e674d6b115119f278726604.jpg
db844e6f61f635ddc250b26e9fc598c5.jpg
d45a0ff77263a4a2fa217c5068ea07bc.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I’ve bought from them twice with zero issues.

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His stuff always seemed small to me too. But I don't buy those kind of frags. I couldn't tell you the name of most of my corals.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i called them on the phone and ebay messaged them and they were very rude when i told them the situation. prob just nice to you face to face to get you to buy more being local

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought my first auction corals from Cornbreads, and living Fort Lauderdale I was able to meet him locally(Thursday). Very nice guy. The corals are thriving in my tank, haven't seen any issue with them. maybe you got a bad batch or something went wrong?

As for size I don't know what to expect when it comes to buying coral off ebay. Not sure what's big or small. What I got seems a good size. It had one big head and 2 baby heads growing on the side.

Those look pretty small. Find some friends in the hobby and go to frag swaps. Not only that, a frag that small doesn't give you a good idea what it will grow up like.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look pretty small. Find some friends in the hobby and go to frag swaps. Not only that, a frag that small doesn't give you a good idea what it will grow up like.
Noted. I thought I did a good job and I'm happy lol

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in south Florida I have followed cornbread corals online for years because he is local.
His pictures of corals are amazing and immediately draw your attention.
I’ve had friends buy locally from him and were happy with their purchases and I hear his tanks are amazing.
Personally the only reason I never ordered from him is because his prices seem inflated to me. I see him selling stuff for more money then other vendors for the same corals. I’m cool with letting my baller friends purchase from him for top dollar and I will just buy frags off my friends for a fraction of the price.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in south Florida I have followed cornbread corals online for years because he is local.
His pictures of corals are amazing and immediately draw your attention.
I’ve had friends buy locally from him and were happy with their purchases and I hear his tanks are amazing.
Personally the only reason I never ordered from him is because his prices seem inflated to me. I see him selling stuff for more money then other vendors for the same corals. I’m cool with letting my baller friends purchase from him for top dollar and I will just buy frags off my friends for a fraction of the price.
Can I be friends with your friends lol. Im more likey to buy from Cornbread because hes local and I hate having to pay for shipping.. And h seems to be the only one in south florida doing ebay auctions

Joe G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I be friends with your friends lol. Im more likey to buy from Cornbread because hes local and I hate having to pay for shipping.. And h seems to be the only one in south florida doing ebay auctions

I feel u shipping corals gets costly.
I’m just getting back into to hobby and when my tank is more established and I have more coral,we can trade some stuff.

Last edited:

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How is possible Cornbread corals meets you local when the website clearly states you cannot pick up any purchase locally if you live nearby? If Cornbread Corals make exceptions they should have made some for (Camaro).

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back