~~~~~~~~Cornbred Maleficent Acro show off/Progression thread~~~~~~~

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering this piece for quite a while. @declanisadog and @SeaDweller - this is he first time I’ve seen blue tips. Are some of these growth tips blue, or is it just the way that your camera is picking up the light? Beautiful pieces and great growth from you two. If the tips are blue, what brings them out - high light, certain level of nutrients, etc.?

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s PC rainbow, maybe my favorite red stag because of the yellows you can pull from it. Maleficent is no slouch, though.
Oh wow my pc rainbow looks nothing like that mine has a blue rim and green base up to a reddish tip. But not that deep red. I have a second pc on the other side of my tank that's yellow base and a pinkish branch

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been considering this piece for quite a while. @declanisadog and @SeaDweller - this is he first time I’ve seen blue tips. Are some of these growth tips blue, or is it just the way that your camera is picking up the light? Beautiful pieces and great growth from you two. If the tips are blue, what brings them out - high light, certain level of nutrients, etc.?

I think the blue is from the light, I’m not by my tank now but I’m sure the tips and growth is white.
Oh wow my pc rainbow looks nothing like that mine has a blue rim and green base up to a reddish tip. But not that deep red. I have a second pc on the other side of my tank that's yellow base and a pinkish branch
I have two PC rainbows from different sellers and they’re both that deep red. With higher light it’s really red.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought mine from cornbred about 2 years ago. This was one of my corals that went threw hell but has rebounded really well. Encrusting like a mother and awesome colors

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, so this is the Darth maul Porites of acros then :) but was this coral originally a really weird looking colony when it first came over or am I thinking of something else?

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, so this is the Darth maul Porites of acros then :) but was this coral originally a really weird looking colony when it first came over or am I thinking of something else?
I think the original debate was one was a Monti and this was an acro or something like that. Iirc two sps came out at the same time with the same name, something on those lines.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I keep thinking that but it does look a little more red than the planet which is more pink when it’s in high light and growing nice light tips.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll bring this thread back Injust got one from TSA’s sale for 60 with 19.99 shipping! Stoked I’ll post progress.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my baby Mal day one. See y’all in a few months

C29260FC-8F62-4E9D-848F-749E5D0E3142.png F5C532A5-54A8-4956-8453-C7A71D6AF20F.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back