Corner overflows and mp 40

  • Thread starter Thread starter rtague
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rtague

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
164
Reaction score
56
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm assuming tanks with corner overflows would have the mp40 placed right next to the overflow,correct or no? ,would this placement effect flow in any way?,also tank is 5' x 18" 120g,would 1 mp40 be enough for a softie,lps only tank?,thanks.
 
I have a 6 foot dual overflow. I put my mp40 just where you said. I would say the pump is not enough for the 6 foot. Turned full it moves the other end just a bit. It does not affect the drainage unless you have it toward the top where it is making waves and pushing the water.Mine is just below that so the water so the top is not pushed. Just remember you do need surface agitation for gas exchange.
 
I have a 6 foot dual overflow. I put my mp40 just where you said. I would say the pump is not enough for the 6 foot. Turned full it moves the other end just a bit. It does not affect the drainage unless you have it toward the top where it is making waves and pushing the water.Mine is just below that so the water so the top is not pushed. Just remember you do need surface agitation for gas exchange.
Thanks, appreciate the reply.
 
I have a marine land 120xH at home (maybe the same tank as you) with a single MP40 on one end and it’s fine for softies and LPS. I did not get the reef ready version, but placement as you propose should be good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new