Corner overflows and mp 40

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm assuming tanks with corner overflows would have the mp40 placed right next to the overflow,correct or no? ,would this placement effect flow in any way?,also tank is 5' x 18" 120g,would 1 mp40 be enough for a softie,lps only tank?,thanks.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot dual overflow. I put my mp40 just where you said. I would say the pump is not enough for the 6 foot. Turned full it moves the other end just a bit. It does not affect the drainage unless you have it toward the top where it is making waves and pushing the water.Mine is just below that so the water so the top is not pushed. Just remember you do need surface agitation for gas exchange.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot dual overflow. I put my mp40 just where you said. I would say the pump is not enough for the 6 foot. Turned full it moves the other end just a bit. It does not affect the drainage unless you have it toward the top where it is making waves and pushing the water.Mine is just below that so the water so the top is not pushed. Just remember you do need surface agitation for gas exchange.
Thanks, appreciate the reply.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marine land 120xH at home (maybe the same tank as you) with a single MP40 on one end and it’s fine for softies and LPS. I did not get the reef ready version, but placement as you propose should be good.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back