Corner tank Gyre setup

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been searching for the past our or so and can’t find much info on this type of setup.
I’ve always used ecotech and on my new tank that I’m setting up I picked up the new gyre Xf330 cloud kit and am planning to use them as the main flow with the 2 MP40’s to supplement dead zones.

My tank is a custom 200g corner setup
48 X 48 X 24 X 72
The 2 back walls will have black vinyl wrap on them so pumps can be most anywhere without sticking out to much.

Should I have the gyres on each wall horizontally synced in a wave mode or blowing at each other.

Or flipped long ways on each side of the overflow blowing along the wall towards the front.

Or 1 and 1.

IMG_5664.jpeg IMG_6607.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try placing them vertically on the two sides - (primarily) facing towards the curved panel. Then I'd place your MP40s on either side of your overflow in the corners.
So one in each of the front corners blowing along the front?

Attachments

• IMG_7495.jpeg
    IMG_7495.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
bobyboy

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'd probably try initially anyway. You could also run them horizontally in the middle of the 2 straight sides facing inwards.
I was thinking that or instead of having them in the front corners blowing across the front to have them vertically on either side of the over flow.

Attachments

• IMG_5664.jpeg
    IMG_5664.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking that or instead of having them in the front corners blowing across the front to have them vertically on either side of the over flow.
You could definitely do that as well - you'll just have to adjust the gyre "grates" from their normal orientation to give you more flow along the sides.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back