Cost Candy Basslet

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a chance to purchase a Candy Basslet from a LFS for $400 at the time I didn't have the money, three weeks later I bought a $600 chalice. I kick myself for not buying that Candy Basslet because now the LFS says he can't sell one for less than $600

OP
OP
Cleo642

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a chance to purchase a Candy Basslet from a LFS for $400 at the time I didn't have the money, three weeks later I bought a $600 chalice. I kick myself for not buying that Candy Basslet because know the LFS says he can't sell one for less than $600
It would have been a steal at $400. I just wish they were a little bigger for the money. The fish is tiny but pretty.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's a little more complicated then that. Someone gave me the opportunity to buy direct from a well known wholesaler. They were all eating, which is the one of the main issues with them. It wasn't from live aquaria.

mb165

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid full price for one, amazing colors. I think I'll eventually get another for my other tank.

x84PcvC.jpg

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid full price for one, amazing colors. I think I'll eventually get another for my other tank.

x84PcvC.jpg

I knew I shouldn't have came back to this thread. I purposely did not subscribe to it.

Now look!!!

I'm officially on the hunt for one. Several years ago, I told myself if I ever upgrade my main display this is the one fish I'm going to get. 1.5 years later I still don't have one. But I'll have one by Dec 2015, cause if I don't I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm officially on the hunt for one.
You should know they sometimes like to stick to the shadows; odds are much better you'll see him if it's in a calm peaceful tank.

OP
OP
Cleo642

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mb165

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew I shouldn't have came back to this thread. I purposely did not subscribe to it.

Now look!!!

I'm officially on the hunt for one. Several years ago, I told myself if I ever upgrade my main display this is the one fish I'm going to get. 1.5 years later I still don't have one. But I'll have one by Dec 2015, cause if I don't I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

How about a couple pictures to help you out.
FOpgTN3.jpg

QN9GsaY.jpg

Here is the box it came in from divers den, 10 layers of bags(the smaller bags are 2 gobies and a pistol shrimp).
DFCpnRa.jpg

I was very close to pulling the trigger on the candy, but noticed that the ideal temp was a fair amount lower than what i run my tank at and didn't want to risk it.

I got the swissguard (http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversde...ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT) instead. Close enough ;)

I keep him at 78°

kenzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$649?? :eek:o_O
It has to be made of gold:D
My $14 dollar royal gramma looks just as beautiful as that fish :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back