OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this, hopefully the blades treat you well! Would recommend the amazonas, im surprised orphek didn't point you towards them. Heres a video from tg

I did actually ask them about the amazonas and they said while they'd be a good choice aswell. The cost would end up really being the same. Because really at reasonable hanging heights 4 would probably be needed.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reflectors.

400w or 1000w metal halides cover well and are less initial and running cost over larger tanks. If you have to go with 1000w, you can get higher voltage ballasts if you are in a business and have access to the electrical service - these services are cheaper than home service per kWh. If in a home, then it doesn't matter.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a very similar size "tidepool/saltwater pond/look down" shallow reef for my anemone collection. Mine will be only 16" tall, though to emphasizethe tidepool look and feel. I am still pondering lighting, initially strongly considering the Orphek Amazonias 960's as they are a very powerful light, can be hung higher, provide a great spectrum range, and a nice shimmer. I also considered the Reefi Uno pro 2. They are a powerful light, relatively inexpensive, and have a great spread when mounted up high. They have different lens options that can change them to powerful spot lights as well.
I look forward to your build! Best of luck with it!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%

Back