Cost of emergency drain?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the process of having a 1000g tank being built and I was wondering how much I should expect to spend on a emergency floor drain?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you started a build thread? Would love to see it. What floor is it on? What. Type of floor? I would guess around $700. But it depends on a lot of factors

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures on where the tank will go, how close to an outside wall, and is there a basement? Just to basic start for questions. Where you drain can be an issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures on where the tank will go, how close to an outside wall, and is there a basement? Just to basic start for questions. Where you drain can be an issue.
No basement. Slab with tile flooring. Outside wall will be less than 6ft away from middle of room

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you started a build thread? Would love to see it. What floor is it on? What. Type of floor? I would guess around $700. But it depends on a lot of factors
Not yet still finishing up tank build details

Figured ripping up slab would be way more expensive so I’d be happy with something in that range lol. It’s on the First floor, no basement, slab & tile flooring. Just trying to be extra cautious with a 12’ tank

bhanko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the scenario you are imagining for the need of the emergency floor drain? I only ask because I would imagine it would only come in handy for some sort of semi slow overflow where the slight slope to the drain wouldn’t be outmatched by the speed of the water. (In my sump I installed the return pump onto a float switch so it would shut off if the sump level rose too high) If the scenario you’re imagining is a rupture of some sort the water damage would likely already be done. Not sure I would spend the $/headache on putting in a floor drain Just my .02. But curious in the process to do that nonetheless. Best of luck.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back