Could a Manganese level of 127 µg/l cause mortality in fish?

pipsqueak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received the results of a Triton test for my fish-only system, and some elements were very high, especially Manganese. Is this level likely to cause a high death rate in fish?
I don't dose any elements, and I use Aquasonic Ocean Nature Sea Salt, and the Power water conditioner from the same brand. Other than that, the only things I've added to the tank are some lanthanum chloride and some copper a month or so ago. If not Manganese, what would the effects of the other high values be? (Molybdenum, Zinc, Silicon).
I'm thinking the cause could be from using tap water, but I have changed 80% of the water and replaced with water mixed from RO/DI, and while symptoms cleared up initially, they've begun to return now, despite not adding more tap water.
Here's the analysis:
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/65463

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot of excessive metals, but in a fish only I do not know if these are any issue. One cannot always look to individual impurity toxicity if there are a bunch of things high at the same time. I'd look for a metal part in the water somehow.

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back