Could anyone tell me its crack or scratch?

Attachments

  • 20220724_124135.jpg
    20220724_124135.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220724_124216.jpg
    20220724_124216.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220724_124121.jpg
    20220724_124121.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220724_124242.jpg
    20220724_124242.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 67
So every tank with a scratch is doomed?
I didn’t say that. A scratch in glass is a good place to start a break and cutting glass is done by first making a scratch. The break will follow the fissure if you apply enough force at least to that area. A scratched glass doesn’t have to break but it’s easier to break if it is scratched. :)
 
Why don't you tag a pro @Joe Glass Cages
Ok but it's not a crack, a crack doesn't look like that idk what you see but I see every other scratch I've seen with water in the tank..
thanks for the SIGNAL @thatmanMIKEson

@Abaloneporridge from the pictures that have been shared, looks like a classic scratch. I believe Waterbox uses annealed glass (non-tempered). if so, you would see the crack as some point start to travel like a crack on a car windshield. if you want to chat about it let me know. Always available.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new