Could this be an OG Bounce just taking it’s time to reach it’s full potential?

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1836.jpeg

OP
OP
therootcause

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy it with lineage back to World Wide Corals? If not, then it is not an OG bounce which all can be traced to WWC. It is a type of bounce, though.

Didn’t say anything about buying it. Just asking if in your opinion it looks like a bleached OG Bounce. What do you think?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it does not have the lineage, then it is not a WWC Bounce, which is the OG. With no lineage, then it is just a bounce of some other sort.

I have bounces, but I got them from WWC at their booth at 2015 MACNA here in Denver. These are OG WWC Bounces.

The lineage makes it a OG WWC coral, not what it looks like.

Reefapprentice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rim of that one is different than that of a OG. Beautiful shroom that should color up nicely, looks like it might end up looking like a powerball

OP
OP
therootcause

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell if it’s the same given the lighting but it seems close-ish.
IMG_1821.jpeg

Thanks for posting a photo of yours. When I get a chance I will take one under blues for comparison. There is still a lot of color missing from mine.

OP
OP
therootcause

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy it from WWC? Like stated already it's not an OG bounce unless you bought an OG bounce from them.

There probably isn't a lot of colour missing after that long but that's because you are hoping it turns into something it isn't.

Is this the copium you take daily to feel better about what you spent on your mushroom?

It was given to me by Kathleen who got it from Mark who got it from Sherri who got it from Jon who got it from Jane who got it from Matt who gave it to Andy who bought it from WWC. Come off it.

erichatesmice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could just say "does this mushroom look like the same morph as the WWC OG Bounce?" lol.

Looks like a WWC bounce to me (your "7 months later" pic). It could use some coloring up, though. Note that you took your picture without any blue light whereas everyone else takes a photo with at least some blue lights. Yours would look better if you took a photo in blue light.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be happy if you paid legit OG Bounce price with fake lineage and got that coral? I doubt it. it is a cool mushroom. Make up your own name for it or just call it an Unknown Bounce like so many others out there.

Here is one of mine under just 14k halides - no blue LEDs and no editing. If you need blue light and a filter to make this coral look good, then that might be a sign that it is not real. This is an easy mushroom to make look good.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 4.46.35 PM.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back