Couple of white spots on CBB fish

jbhydroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, was wondering what these 2 white spots are in my CBB. I only see 2 spots. Backfin of fish. My water parameters are great, zero Ammonia, and zero Nitrites. The fish has a great appetite, but he will only eat clams or mussels and occasionally will nip at the pods on the glass. He will not touch anything else. I dose the clams and mussels with Boyd's vitamins and garlic once a week. None of the other fish are affected (no white spots on the other fish) Other fish are doing just fine, great appetite. Pictures of the CBB. Also, my glass is covered with these small pods, which occasionally the CBB will nip at. Thanks.
P1010003.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010001.JPG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, was wondering what these 2 white spots are in my CBB. I only see 2 spots. Backfin of fish. My water parameters are great, zero Ammonia, and zero Nitrites. The fish has a great appetite, but he will only eat clams or mussels and occasionally will nip at the pods on the glass. He will not touch anything else. I dose the clams and mussels with Boyd's vitamins and garlic once a week. None of the other fish are affected (no white spots on the other fish) Other fish are doing just fine, great appetite. Pictures of the CBB. Also, my glass is covered with these small pods, which occasionally the CBB will nip at. Thanks.
P1010003.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010001.JPG

Are the dark spots things on the glass?

The two spots on the tail fin in the last image looks like minor fin damage, and unless they get much worse, are not really anything to be concerned about.

You should try to get the CBB feeding on other foods. Have you tried Masstick?

Jay

OP
OP
jbhydroman

jbhydroman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dark spots are alge on the glass. I am trying to avoid cleaning it, because of the pods, (They do give me a constant food source). My Sailfing tang bucks up on my CBB every so often, but I don't see fighting going on.
Funny, you should ask that, I ordered a pack of Masstcik dry formula. I should be getting it today. Going to try to coat a small frag with lots of nooks and crannies, so he can get its beak and fish out the food. A couple of more pics that may help. Other than this the CBB has a ferocious appetite. Thanks for the answer makes me feel a little better.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back