Court Jester Goby (rainfordi)

masterbuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
74
Reaction score
42
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking of adding a Court Jester Goby (rainfordi) to my tank. I know that they can be difficult to feed along with their cousin Hectors Goby. But, I have seen a couple of places that have captive bred/raised specimens and wonder if these have a good success rate. My reef tank has very little if any algae, so right there may be a problem.

My question, who has tried the captive raised ones and what are your thoughts.

Mark
 
How long has the tank been setup? If it's more than just a couple of months, then there should be enough microfauna to sustain one.
 
Hi Guys,
I just added one to my nano tank a week ago, seems to be fine however only worry is that I didn't see it eating anything to date :(
 
Hi Guys,
I just added one to my nano tank a week ago, seems to be fine however only worry is that I didn't see it eating anything to date :(
That's not uncommon. They will eat algae and pods. An established tank helps. Sometimes fish eggs can elicit a response.
 
I had a hector goby back in the day. It ate frozen mysis without a problem. It was a pretty hardy and easy to care for fish IME.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new