Covering power head with carbon filter?

JamesReef77302

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really several questions clustered as one.

I have the Lifegard Fullview 7 gal nano. Flow seems a little weak with the stock pump. I have an old XStream 3500 I'm toying with the idea of adding to boost the flow. It maxes at 950 GPH.
I'm 90% sure thats way to much for the tank but curious what you all think.

Also I have a couple nems in the tank I dont want eaten alive. Is it safe to wrap the powerhead in carbon filters to keep it off limits.
My thinking is there is no way for a nem to worm its way through the mesh like canvas or grates and if anything the filter will restrict the flow so it isn't as intense.
Thoughts?
 
I would t use a carbon filter if its not fir fish tanks. Filter floss yes. In a 7g id just use an air bubbler for water flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new