Covering sps encrustment with epoxy putty

  • Thread starter Thread starter CMO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
1,773
Location
Nevada City
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be moving an sps colony that has a fair amount of encrustment. Is there any issue covering the live encrustment with expoy putty so I can plant a new sps in the same place spot? Thanks
 
It may come back through the epoxy. I know stupid Digitata do.

Kalk paste slowly avoid alk spikes works great. Maybe epoxy after to double kill it off.
 
epoxy works just fine just make sure you cover every last speck of the coral, dont allow it to pierce the epoxy also.
 
I usually scrap the off with Coral cutters but epoxy would also do
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 13.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new