CPR Bak Pak Skimmer Having Problems

reptileguy112

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
234
Reaction score
15
Location
Sacramento, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it a couple days ago and it was used but fully functional with a rio 600 pump. I had 2 tubes on the pump to put air in but the skimmer cup even with the O-ring all the way to the bottom filled up with water and started leaking within half an hour so I took away one tube but it is still doing this. How can I fix it? Also can I grow chaeto in it and use it as a filter with no other filters? Thank you!
 
I have one. Not very impressed with it. I am currently using it on my 20 gal QT tank, not good but better than nothing and helps keep the water aerated when I am using medications. I tend to have the opposite problem and don't get enough bubbles. Mine has two tubes one (the longer one) goes to the outside and has a bell shaped thing on top and the other one is only about 2-3 inches long and goes to the tube to the skimmer. The bell shaped thing turns and adjusts the amount of air that goes into the skimmer but doesn't really work very good. Have you added any chemicals to your tank recently or used epoxy to adhere something to your rocks. Those things will change the surface tension of the water and will cause the skimmer to go nuts and spew foam.
 
The only thing I added recently was new water and some DIY live rock. I turned the gear looking thing that holds the impeller down and I think it did something because it is not doing the water thing and more. Now it only gets about 0.5-1cm an hour of green water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new