cpr refugium need ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter spscrazy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spscrazy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
634
Reaction score
12
Location
mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cpr 18" hob refugium without the skimmer that was doing it's job pretty good at lowering nitrates phos etc & growing chaeto & keeping my ph steady at night. Once I changed to the biopellets & dripping kalk at night the chaeto is now shrinking. I was wondering since I would like a place to run my carbon & phosban & some filter to get out fine stuff after blowing my rocks would there be a way to change this up so it would be more a media type filter? was worried because there would be filter material that it might overflow I think it would probably have to be fitted with eggcrate or something so the water would flow evenly thru the media any clues or tips on how to make this work? does anyone make a media container sorta like the ones made to fit the aquafilter?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new