Crab ID (TBS Rock)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ctylermast
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ctylermast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
144
Reaction score
78
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, more than likely came from my tbs rock, I discovered a few days ago and caught today. Round and smooth, does not look to be hairy. Big meaty claws that are white, with black tips. Legs are black with white stripes.
IMG_3801.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
 
Hello, more than likely came from my tbs rock, I discovered a few days ago and caught today. Round and smooth, does not look to be hairy. Big meaty claws that are white, with black tips. Legs are black with white stripes.
IMG_3801.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
I believe it’s a “purse crab” but not positive by any means
 

Ruby Clinging Crab - Mithraculus forceps​


Anyone know how big these guys get? I have one that came in on my TBS Shipment, and he has already doubled in size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new