Crab ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tobster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tobster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Messages
2,646
Reaction score
4,476
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s about the size of a dime and has only 1 claw. Hitched a ride on some live rock.
Good or bad?

IMG_3277.png IMG_3274.jpeg
 
it looks like it could be a pithos crab, which would be a good guy, but I am not a crab expert.
 
Unless you know the species of the crab when you buy it, 9 out of 10 any crab has the potential to be a bad crab. Put it in the fuge
 
Unless you know the species of the crab when you buy it, 9 out of 10 any crab has the potential to be a bad crab. Put it in the fuge
It was a hitchhiker. 3rd one I’ve found from live rock.
I got a decorator crab, whatever this is and I’m pretty sure the other one is bad because it had black claws. I put him in a QT tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new