Crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chriscz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chriscz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Messages
88
Reaction score
128
Location
Seattle WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this little one. Looks like it is missing a claw (but if it is like other crabs will be able to regrow as part of molting).
Any thoughts on what species?
The carapace is about 4mm (3/16"), total size about 1cm (3/8")
Hairly legs and white tipped claw
Crab.jpg
 
Decorator crab?
 
That's a good possibility. It has some similarities to the decorator crabs we have up here in the Pacific Northwest. I'm just not familiar with the tropical species id.
I am hoping a decorator crab is reef safe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new