Crab is please

mkpetersen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Messages
54
Reaction score
29
Location
Coeur d'Alene
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone recognize this guy?

PXL_20241025_204851089.jpg
 
I think that's my cousin phil
 
Not Mithrax Ruber, that is a common name that websites use but it is wrong, that's a different crab. The real latin name is Mithraculus Ruber, its basically an emerald crab but red. Only one I had lasted a few weeks before I evicted him for coral assault.
 
It may be a red mithrax crab, similar to emerald crab, but hard to tell for sure from just one picture.
Yeah. I've been trying to get a picture for days and this was the best I could do. Thanks for the info. Looking at some videos of red mithrax I believe you've got it. When I first saw it I thought it was my emerald crab in different lighting. They look identical. Same size even. Thanks again.
 
. The real latin name is Mithraculus Ruber, its basically an emerald crab but red.
I googled the name and the pictures are a solid match. Thanks. I'm on month two of a new tank and am having a small hair algae problem. Happy to have more hands on deck.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new