Crab show off thread (Crab Brag)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JasonK84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Sump crab
A6FA7FBE-A122-4466-A526-55E51D24C22B.jpeg
 
Why was it banished to solitary confinement?
Ate 2 ricordea...caught it in the act. It’s not alone, it has 2 torch coral eating peppermint shrimp as roommates.
 
Awesome creatures to watch and very easy to take care off. There filter feeders like you probably already figured and a bit shyish but if you spend a lot of time watching very enjoyable.


I thought they were difficult to take care of?
Have you not had any issues?
 
A sump beast named clawrence and an unknown little hitchhiker
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6737.jpeg
    IMG_6737.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 16
Here's my Halloween crab getting kidnapped
20250309_181614.jpg
I'd love a urchin, we have tried 2. One a few weeks ago. I soon learned that he was already sick ( loosing spines in the bag of water). The 2nd one we tried was a Halloween urchin, purchased the same time as the Halloween crab. I accumulated them for 2 hours and still lost the urchin within a day or two. They came from the lfs in .016 salinity so perhaps I should have accumulated them longer ( it took the crab a day or two to start moving) I will be asking salinity from now on and will not buy if its lower than 1.020.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new