Crab's 75 Gallon Reef/Dragon/Snake Tank Car Repair Thread

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fudsey, the links dont work for me, even on my laptop. not sure why?

If you right click on the last one and then click "Save link as" it might work.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190815_200215.jpg
20190815_200318.jpg

^^strawberry shortcake acro that I'm attempting to rescue. It was almost completely white when I chopped it and relocated it, and heres what it looks like now ;Woot;Woot

Also heres my culture shock acropora that is looking more beautiful as the days progress, thank you @JDowns
20190815_200453.jpg

And my center rock, I call it acropora island :D
20190815_200505.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190815_200215.jpg
20190815_200318.jpg

^^strawberry shortcake acro that I'm attempting to rescue. It was almost completely white when I chopped it and relocated it, and heres what it looks like now ;Woot;Woot

Also heres my culture shock acropora that is looking more beautiful as the days progress, thank you @JDowns
20190815_200453.jpg

20190815_200505.jpg
Good looking acros, nice shots. ;Woot

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190815_200215.jpg
20190815_200318.jpg

20190815_200453.jpg

20190815_200505.jpg
Gorgeous

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lost a couple fish. One went carpet surfing, the other got wedged under a rock, and one I'm not entirely sure what happened. So I I'm down to 8 in the tank.
I thought I was down to 7 as I couldnt find my little clown. Waited two days to see if it would show up....nothing. My overflow has a cover, but theres a punch out for the return plumbing that sits open since I went to Herbie style drains. So for giggles I opened the cover and sure enough, there he is staring me in the face. So I drained the overflow and got him out. Now hes back in the tank and happy.
So currently my stocking lost is;
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Tomini tang
Coral beauty
Orchid dottyback
Two clowns
Mag foxface

Just ordered 5 more fish
Potters angelfish
Bicolor blenny
Exquisite firefish
Carpenters wrasse
And.......green mandarin!
Going to try it! Ordered pods but going to try to get it to eat frozen. Wish me luck!!!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the losses. You have a tomini and Kole in the same tank and they behave. That’s cool.
Nice additions can’t wait to see them
They actually get along great. The three are always swimming together. Haven't seen any aggression amongst them...yet! Lol

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good note. I'll check it out when I go down there on friday. I was also considering doing the Non-Reef ready and drilling an Eshopps Eclipse overflow. I am using the S on my 40 breeder now and was considering getting the M for the 75. I really enjoy the eclipse overflow and it's never given me an issue :)
But if they have an 80 i'll definitely check it out :)
I have an Eshopps L on my 75 and its super quiet, love it, and it doesnt take up a crazy amout of space.
Edit* sorry for the crummy photo, it's all i have for now but can get the wife to take more if you'd like

Screenshot_20190901-080137_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry as well. Always tough loosing a fish.

Man, telling you, you got me wanting another Potters! I could never keep on longer than a year. My absolute favorite dwarf!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lost a couple fish. One went carpet surfing, the other got wedged under a rock, and one I'm not entirely sure what happened. So I I'm down to 8 in the tank.
I thought I was down to 7 as I couldnt find my little clown. Waited two days to see if it would show up....nothing. My overflow has a cover, but theres a punch out for the return plumbing that sits open since I went to Herbie style drains. So for giggles I opened the cover and sure enough, there he is staring me in the face. So I drained the overflow and got him out. Now hes back in the tank and happy.
So currently my stocking lost is;
Yellow tang
Kole tang
Tomini tang
Coral beauty
Orchid dottyback
Two clowns
Mag foxface

Just ordered 5 more fish
Potters angelfish
Bicolor blenny
Exquisite firefish
Carpenters wrasse
And.......green mandarin!
Going to try it! Ordered pods but going to try to get it to eat frozen. Wish me luck!!!

Not laughing about the forever lost fish. Just the temporary one. I bet he was like, a hole new world (pun intended) ... how big is the hole on the cover, out of curiosity?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You read that right! After talking about it for over a year now, Crabs is finally making the upgrade to a 75! I love my 40 breeder, but i'm constrained by space and the fish I can stock. I really enjoy the depth that a 40 breeder has, and a 75 is a foot longer and a bit taller.
Let me preface this buy informing right out the gate that this is going to be an extremely slow build. I'm technically not allowed to set up this new tank until we move into our new house. (we haven't even found a house we like yet or put our current one on the market...to give you some sort of time frame ;) ) But I'll be gathering up parts, and prepping the tank for moving day!
So come along on my next step in my reefing journey won't you?

So here's my plan in a nutshell;
Going to pursue a bare bottom tank. All new dry rock with a little of the live rock from my current tank to seed it.
I'm going to transfer my coral from the 40 to the 75. But i'm going to do it as frags or small colonies. I'm going to be very perticular about coral placement this time around. I'm having issues in my current tank with corals running into eachother and fighting. Specifically my mushrooms killing the base encrusing parts of my acros and mille's. I will not be transfering any mushrooms and potentially any zoanthids.

I've landed on a 75 gallon reef ready that my "local" fish store (60 miles away) has on sale right now. I've never done "reef ready" and always done either hang on back overflow or drilled my own. So i'm excited to try a tank that is already drilled and ready to go, just needs to be plumbed.

Most of my equipment is already set for a larger tank. My skimmer is rated for 100 gallons, my sump and heater should be good to go as well. Just have to re-plum it.

I will likely be building my own stand with the help of my uncle who does wood working.

No pictures yet. I'm driving down friday afternoon to pick up the tank.

I'm super excited and I hope you are too :D :D

You can do it! !!!! Comrade

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sry for the losses :( and happy for the surprise find in overflow nice catch! Can’t wait yo check the green mandarin would love one down the road myself. Best o luck getting him on frozen if you succeed will need to pick your brain and maybe give one a go

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back