Crab's 75 Gallon Reef/Dragon/Snake Tank Car Repair Thread

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mine, similar but a little different. I got this from @jsker who got it from WWC. I just modified the white a little and has less ups and downs.

AI Seting7-19.jpg
Is this a setting you can share ?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is ;)
How long does your schedule run for? One thing i'm not crazy about with the saxby schedule is its almost 13 hours long
10AM to 11PM

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do I do? When I touched on the one from AI it went right into my AI app.
Once the app comes up, go into control, and select the star, and select preset, and it should be in there for you :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked for the other setting but not for fudseys. Hhhmmm?
If you're on mobile, you might have to go into your downloads and extract fudsey's file first. Locate it and see if it'll give you the option to "Extract file" if it's a compressed file. It was when I downloaded it onto my PC. That might be why :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in a zip file, can't upload the file to here directly, R2R blocks it. You have to unzip it with your phone or pc 1st.

My schedule runs from 9:00 am to 9:30 pm with a long ramp up and down 2.5-3 hours each. Also has a moon feature built in from 9:30 pm to 4am then goes completely dark. I use the lunar setting as well so it does follow the moon phase and some nights goes out completely at 9:30

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll upload it to my site and post it in this post in a minute.

Try this link instead. ------->Fudsey's Setting<--------

Might have to "save link as"

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabs McJones I use a modified ab+. Boosted reds and greens per a successful reefer here I have entrusted.

I was on the fence between that and Saxby for my hydra26hd's. The 13hr photo period scared me as well, until I realized how slow the rise is. A true visual representation of the low light of dawn before the sun breaks the horizon and the gradual peak and equal decline.

The visual graph of saxby is just satisfying to look at and appreciate the time and sheer data points he incorporated to make it so symmetric.

Been on my AB+ for about 4 months and it's been great thus far. I feel sometimes that i want the saxby just cuz it's pretty. Ha.

Heres mine..
Screenshot_20190607-220648_myAI.jpg

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabs McJones I use a modified ab+. Boosted reds and greens per a successful reefer here I have entrusted.

I was on the fence between that and Saxby for my hydra26hd's. The 13hr photo period scared me as well, until I realized how slow the rise is. A true visual representation of the low light of dawn before the sun breaks the horizon and the gradual peak and equal decline.

The visual graph of saxby is just satisfying to look at and appreciate the time and sheer data points he incorporated to make it so symmetric.

Been on my AB+ for about 4 months and it's been great thus far. I feel sometimes that i want the saxby just cuz it's pretty. Ha.

Heres mine..
Screenshot_20190607-220648_myAI.jpg
I noticed your uv and violet are higher than the deep blue and blue. The saxby schedule is the opposite. Whats the reason for that? Could this be considered a hybrid of the ab+ and saxby?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed your uv and violet are higher than the deep blue and blue. The saxby schedule is the opposite. Whats the reason for that? Could this be considered a hybrid of the ab+ and saxby?

That's a good question. I know they are very different overall. Another popular one out there is some weird name, like Pirate Reef or something. I forget.

After spending a few days browsing ai feedback on the schedules and reading old posts in the a.i. fb group I decided on the ab+ radion schedule I run now. With boosted greens, reds, and a few "cloud/storm spikes". If the ab+ doesnt yield consistant results, I will begin acclimation to saxby. Figured 6 months or so should be good enough. And so far, so good.

20190711_125937.jpg

And recently:
20190723_135726.jpg

Top down
20190727_213938.jpg

This was a random $10 rescue bin at my lfs, part of my sps test after 1 year wet. Pretty happy thus far. The monti's are fairing well too.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to the saxby schedule and in 1 week I noticed my zoas on the far left of my tank stretching out. I switched back to my old higher intensity schedule and my acan was unhappy for a day. I am thinking I will copy the saxby schedule but boost it up to maximize the lights intensity. does that make sense?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back