OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabs is not happy....I've been cleaning up glass for the past hour....after I took this pic, I went back to my car to grab more stuff I bought and one of the panels shattered! I dont think I bumped the tank on anything.....not happy at all right now :(

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabs is not happy....I've been cleaning up glass for the past hour....after I took this pic, I went back to my car to grab more stuff I bought and one of the panels shattered! I dont think I bumped the tank on anything.....not happy at all right now :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1HtA.gif

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh crap. :(

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an omen; go bigger!

Only thing I'm slightly concerned about are my MP10s. I'm sure the two of them can handle the extra foot.

Unlikely; our MP40s are on Reefcrest, anti-sync, and 100%

Lol! I doubt I'll get @HotRocks and @4FordFamily to come up here. Way to cold. It was funny, I woke up one morning at Jasons house, and he's like "Bro its cold out put on alot of cloths" (it was like 19 degrees or something like that) So I pulled up my phone and showed him the temperature back home.... 20 degrees below 0! I said 19 degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather for me!

Oh heck no! We moved from San Diego to Virginia and this is as extreme as I can handle! Negative degrees, nope, nope, NOPE!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That really sucks!

Wonder why it shattered? So you came back inside and it was broken?

At least no body got hurt.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks!

Wonder why it shattered? So you came back inside and it was broken?

At least no body got hurt.
Pretty much. I set the tank down, as I was walking back to my car I heard a noise behind me turned around and the glass was shattered :(

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much. I set the tank down, as I was walking back to my car I heard a noise behind me turned around and the glass was shattered :(

That's so bizarre!

I had one shatter while it was in my garage. It was 0 outside and I turned on the garage heater. Heard a mild explosion and found one panel on a 90gallon blew out. Really discouraging.

Really sorry this happened to you:(

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's so bizarre!

I had one shatter while it was in my garage. It was 0 outside and I turned on the garage heater. Heard a mild explosion and found one panel on a 90gallon blew out. Really discouraging.

Really sorry this happened to you:(
Thanks. I'm wondering the same thing. It was pretty hot in my car and the garage is attached to the house but it's only wall insulated not heated or anything. I've emailed aqueon and the fist store. Hoping to hear something positive back from one of them.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm wondering the same thing. It was pretty hot in my car and the garage is attached to the house but it's only wall insulated not heated or anything. I've emailed aqueon and the fist store. Hoping to hear something positive back from one of them.

Really hope one of them will help you out. At least a discount if not full replacement.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hope one of them will help you out. At least a discount if not full replacement.
Thanks. I dont know that I'd do a replacement though. The 75 is suppose to be tempered bottom only, but this one is tempered all around and I want to drill it. So if they do offer a replacement I'm going to take my laptop and sunglasses with me to verify first

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Glass company. If none local, I have a person in Sheboygan that will cut you a new panel for $14 and edge cleaned up, etc

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had an old 20g QT tank that was sitting outside along our garage when this recent cold front came through... it exploded. Didn’t crack, I mean there were glass shards a good 20ft from where it sat.

I’m sorry about your tank, I hope you can get some sort of credit for it :(

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I was thinking, a large temperature change. I know it disappointing, but maybe it was not meant to happen today.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.. what a bummer...

However, u now have more time to convince the bosswife that the replacement wasnt in stock and they are recalling the 75g's, and u were lucky enough that they offered to replace it with a BIGGER one!!!

:D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back