Cracked my refugium, still use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RamsReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Still Use It?

  • Toss

    Votes: 10 71.4%
  • It's Fine, Leak Test and Go

    Votes: 4 28.6%

  • Total voters
    14
Replace it better safe than sorry one crack reduces structural integrity of the glass all the way around the hole it will be easier to flex and crack at other points
 
:O

20181210_003645.jpg
 
Here is how I see it. It is cheaper to replace now than if something happens later after it is online and it fails. I'd gladly pay Peter now a couple bucks rather than his buddy Paul when it has a couple more zero's added to it.
 
I think you’ll be fine since it’s up high and doesn’t hold any water back.
 
I already put in a new tank, ill use old one for qt
 
Makes it easy and safe....if you want to use the other one just re-enforce the area around the crack and it should be fine.
 
Ah its fine, i put a dab of silicon on it.
 
I would buy another tank.All the money that is going to be in it is not worth loosing it all
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new