Cracked Red Sea Reef Dose

Billgasser

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
136
Reaction score
191
Location
Greenville SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my Kalk was leaking and found my doser on my Red Sea 4 doser had a crack in it. Has anyone had this same issue ? I have only been using it for a little over a year. Luckily I was only using 3 or the 4 and was able to place the Kalk on the empty doser. I attached a picture and you can see the cracks are at 12 , 3 , 7 and 11 on a clock. It has not been dropped or hit with anything.

IMG_1795.jpeg
 
I don't know if it's possible but back in 2013 I would use my ATO container to dose Kalk and it was your standard 5 gallon "water change" container everyone has. After a couple years of use I went to pick it up from the handle and the whole thing split horizontally in the middle. It had become so brittle even though it was kept in a dark cool closet.
 
I would think impact also but unless something happens when I’m not around don’t think that is it. The entire doser is attached to the wall of my cabinet which holds my sump. I do run a super saturated Kalk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new