crazy kh

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning
I have always used marine fauna balling with an approximate consumption of 180ml. Then I go to the two parts of randy and my consumption drops to approximately 80ml. I have been using it for 5 months with stable consumption. Now I raised my CA from 400 to 460, the temperature of the aquarium has also risen 2 degrees and my consumption of kh has risen to 160ml. I don't know the reason but it is what is happening right now in my aquarium, does anyone have any idea what may be happening

OP
OP
J

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
300 liters only with acroporas, I follow the zeovit system but I only add apart from the basic Coral Booster and weekly changes.

kh 7
Ca 460
Mg 1380
Po4 0,02
NO3 2
Salinity 1027
Potasium 400

OP
OP
J

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody knows what could be due to such a high increase in kh?

OP
OP
J

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dkh. I'm using both parts of randy to get a high ph. It is something very strange that consumption has increased so much in just one week, I realized it because my kh dropped to 6 and it has cost me to raise it little by little

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody knows what could be due to such a high increase in kh?

Could be lots of things, but higher temps, maybe higher pH with windows open or with a higher pH alk additive, higher calcium all can contribute.

My two part using sodium bicarbonate baked or sodium carbonate has almost exactly the same potency as the Fauna Marin three part described here:

So in that sense you went from 180 ml to 160 mL which is hardly any change.

Why you had reduced demand for a while in between is a question, but one not worth agonizing over.

OP
OP
J

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be lots of things, but higher temps, maybe higher pH with windows open or with a higher pH alk additive, higher calcium all can contribute.

My two part using sodium bicarbonate baked or sodium carbonate has almost exactly the same potency as the Fauna Marin three part described here:

So in that sense you went from 180 ml to 160 mL which is hardly any change.

Why you had reduced demand for a while in between is a question, but one not worth agonizing over.
Thanks for the reply. But I was very surprised by the change. I hope that your formula was more powerful, so I only needed 80ml and in just over a week, 5 months later, consumption has doubled.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. But I was very surprised by the change. I hope that your formula was more powerful, so I only needed 80ml and in just over a week, 5 months later, consumption has doubled.

But it isn't more potent, so that hope wasn't justified. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back