Please help with switching from AFR to balling.

I'd use either the AF mineral salt or TM Balling Part C when using calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate/carbonate/hydroxide. There are recipes here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-balling-method-recipe.1098905/
You can add potassium to any product reefers use, but Tropic Marin elements K has much more in it. It can be added to calcium supplements OK.
 
I'd use either the AF mineral salt or TM Balling Part C when using calcium chloride and sodium bicarbonate/carbonate/hydroxide. There are recipes here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-balling-method-recipe.1098905/
You can add potassium to any product reefers use, but Tropic Marin elements K has much more in it. It can be added to calcium supplements OK.
Hi Randy, I've decided to try your recipes. Could you please check if the ingredients in the links are suitable for these options?

https://www.laborteknik.com/urun/zag-kimya-kalsiyum-klorur-dihidrat-99-food-grade-1-kg
https://www.laborteknik.com/urun/zag-kimya-sodyum-karbonat-hafif-chem-pure-1-kg
https://kimyanizionemsiyoruz.com/pr...xrAElNuSvORv7DWX34ii0Q&variant=51929104548154
 
Yes. TM Balling part C already has substantial potassium in it and adding more is fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new