Create a concentrated version of All For Reef by adding K+ and A- Elements to carbocalcium

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this on another forum. A member there claims to have got this email from Hans-Werner Balling regarding adding trace elements to Carbocalcium. He wrote:

Thank you very much for your trust in our products.

For a solution of Carbocalcium Powder with K+ and A- Elements please follow this instruction: For 1 l of Carbocalcium plus trace elements solution fill up 140 g of Carbocalcium Powder with RO water to 800 ml and dissolve as much powder as possible. Then add 100 ml of each K+ and A- Elements and dissolve the remaining Carbocalcium Powder completely, fill up to 1 l.

When dosed manually you also can add 10 ml of each K+ and A- Elements each 100 ml of Carbocalcium solution added.

This is effectively allowing you to create a concentrated version of 'All For Reef'.

Does this sound like is would actually work? Wouldn't there be some sort of unwanted reaction between the K+ and A- Elements that's why they are in separate bottles?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this on another forum. A member there claims to have got this email from Hans-Werner Balling regarding adding trace elements to Carbocalcium. He wrote:

For a solution of Carbocalcium Powder with K+ and A- Elements please follow this instruction: For 1 l of Carbocalcium plus trace elements solution fill up 140 g of Carbocalcium Powder with RO water to 800 ml and dissolve as much powder as possible. Then add 100 ml of each K+ and A- Elements and dissolve the remaining Carbocalcium Powder completely, fill up to 1 l.

When dosed manually you also can add 10 ml of each K+ and A- Elements each 100 ml of Carbocalcium solution added.

This is effectively allowing you to create a concentrated version of 'All For Reef'.

Does this sound like is would actually work? Wouldn't there be some sort of unwanted reaction between the K+ and A- Elements that's why they are in separate bottles?
Just to clarify Hans Werner's reply to you... The reason the mixing of the A and K does not cause an issue, is that it is diluted by the Carbocalcium. So the A and K are not in the same concentrations that they would be if you just mixed them together, directly from the bottle, without the Carbocalcium. They are both diluted by the 100ml of Carbocalcium, or by the 800ml after mixing the powder.
I hope this makes sense and clears up the question.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, it is not exactly a "concentrated version of All-For-Reef, because it does not have the Mg included in the Carbocalcium as it is in the All-For-Reef.

Frank_Aaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, it is not exactly a "concentrated version of All-For-Reef, because it does not have the Mg included in the Carbocalcium as it is in the All-For-Reef.
Any way to add the Mg into this mix? Would love to be able to mix up my own "All4Reef" that match my tanks Mg demand.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is another thread where has says you can.

Ktran350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS did a video that stated you can as well. Here’s a screen shot of the video and of the formula.

E692BB36-A023-4D02-B648-0782BA270CA3.png

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Mineral should be a powdered version of both K+ and A- elements.
So I wonder, can it be mixed with CarboCalcium and what would be the advised amount so it would be equal to mixing K+ and A- as a liquid form?

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Mineral should be a powdered version of both K+ and A- elements.
So I wonder, can it be mixed with CarboCalcium and what would be the advised amount so it would be equal to mixing K+ and A- as a liquid form?
yeah that is a good question?

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that is a good question?
Apparently Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Mineral are not the 17th trace elements that can be found in K+ and A- but the 30 trace elements that are in the salt. But they haven't tested it when added to Carbocalcium yet. They did say however that instead of doing K+ and A- in the carbocalcium dosage, you could add a scoop of the powder every week as these are not used that fast and can be kept stable dosing the powder directly.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro-Coral Mineral is not a powder version of the K+ and A- Elements but a completely different formulation.

Pro-Coral Mineral are the same 70 trace elements (nearly all elements of the periodic table of elements except the radioactive elements and the noble gases) in the same proportions as in the Tropic Marin sea salt mixes.

K+ and A- Elements are only the trace elements with known biological functions in the proportions as they are incorporated by coral and algal growth.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wasn't sure what elements were in there and if they were enough... but i found this.

Screenshot_20220315-141917_Chrome.jpg
I periodically test for Ca, Mg, K. You may find it necessary to tweak your AFR dosage and occasionally adjust some levels such as Mg. Note K is not included in AFR so you may need to dose a little K periodically. Depends on you tanks usage and things like water changes and amount changed and salt mix

my frag tank system needs a little Alk boost each week. Ca and Mg levels stay where I want them but a little alk each week and the occasional bit of K.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back