Create your own miniature marine marvel! Are you interested in keeping a Jar-tank reef?

Are you interested in keeping a Jar-tank reef?

• Yes, I have successfully set up and maintained a jar tank reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have attempted to set up a jar tank reef with a less than high level of success.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Yes, I have thought about setting up a jar tank reef but have not attempted it yet.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, I have not thought about setting up a jar tank reef.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Create your own miniature marine marvel! Are you interested in keeping a Jar-tank reef?

There are monster tanks, peninsula tanks, drop-off tanks, cube tanks, all-in-one tanks, nano tanks, pico tanks and several more variations of tanks. One type of tank that has been around for nearly as long as fish have been kept by fishkeepers is a jar tank. The interest and popularity of this type of set up has changed notably over time and recently this niche approach seems to have been growing. Although the exact definition of a jar aquarium may vary, the basics include a jar and aquarium life sustained over time. Are you interested in keeping a Jar-tank reef? Let us know your thoughts and, if you have tried a jar-tank reef, let us know about your experience in the related discussion!

RagReefer_JarTank.jpeg

Photo by @ragreefer

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back