Creating a Frag-tastic Sump!

Slries

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
41
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! So I have finally determined that a 40 gal breeder frag tank will probably be best for my space and I'm going to have a 20 long sump with this. My LFS recommended an:

- Eshopps overflow box
- sicce 2.0 return pump
- bubble magnus ES 5 (though I can't find this model)
- 2 kessil A80s OR 2 Kessil A160s
- and two power heads

I'm thinking a small eclipse eshopps overflow will be optimal for me, but that's all I've somewhat chosen at this point. I like second and third opinions top compare to. So that being said. What would you recommend? Is this a good equipment collection?
 
Looks like a good plan to me.
 
Any doser will do.. As far as lighting the A80 might be too small for the setup.
 
Any doser will do.. As far as lighting the A80 might be too small for the setup.
I'm really struggling with the lighting part of this. I thought Kessil originally as well, but now I'm seeing good reviews for AI Prime, the black boxes and a few there's.. Lighting is difficult!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new