Creeks Red Sea 525xl

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you, I had my reefer 250 spring a leak right before Memorial Day, vacation plans canceled to take care of it, was good and bad timing really. Missed vacation but was home to accept tank and had time to remove livestock, rock, sand and get it all back together.
My silicone popped a hole in between the front pane and right side pane, a few inches from the top.
Yeah, I am pretty risk averse and didn't spend all this money on a tank to not be able to sleep at night.
Did you have the "deluxe ready tank with the holes in the back glass for their light mounts? If not I'd ask if that's what they are sending you...

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you, I had my reefer 250 spring a leak right before Memorial Day, vacation plans canceled to take care of it, was good and bad timing really. Missed vacation but was home to accept tank and had time to remove livestock, rock, sand and get it all back together.
My silicone popped a hole in between the front pane and right side pane, a few inches from the top.
Yeah, I am pretty risk averse and didn't spend all this money on a tank to not be able to sleep at night.
Did you have the "deluxe ready tank with the holes in the back glass for their light mounts? If not I'd ask if that's what they are sending you...
I do not have the deluxe. Do you think they would send me a deluxe? I will follow up so I don't get the deluxe now lol. going
To try and think positive about this and not let it bum me out. Atleast I have Time to get everything perfected now.

Sorry to hear about your tank! glad you were able to get the job done and transfer everything smoothly.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have the deluxe. Do you think they would send me a deluxe? I will follow up so I don't get the deluxe now lol. going
To try and think positive about this and not let it bum me out. Atleast I have Time to get everything perfected now.

Sorry to hear about your tank! glad you were able to get the job done and transfer everything smoothly.
They were shipping out the deluxe everyone, until they got rid of them, there's a thread around here somewhere. They may already be gone on your size tank, but won't hurt to check with them!
Edit to add the the thread discussing the about them sending "deluxe ready" tanks to everybody
https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/293904/

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were shipping out the deluxe everyone, until they got rid of them, there's a thread around here somewhere. They may already be gone on your size tank, but won't hurt to check with them!
Thanks for the heads up! Called to just let them know also.

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will swap everything over to the new
Tank when it arrives. But I'm
Curious what you guys/girls think if this tank is salvageable?
IMG_2634.JPG

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real unfortunate set-back, but you're doing the right thing in getting it replaced.

As for that tank, a new piece of glass for the overflow would solve that issue - heck it might be ok as it is, but not acceptable for a new product.

Looking forward to updates when the replacement arrives.

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real unfortunate set-back, but you're doing the right thing in getting it replaced.

As for that tank, a new piece of glass for the overflow would solve that issue - heck it might be ok as it is, but not acceptable for a new product.

Looking forward to updates when the replacement arrives.
Thanks Pandy! it's so tempting to fill just sitting there. Patience is key though and I think some time isn't such a bad thing.

As for the tank, I just hate to call this garbage and toss it to the curb. I'd also hate to give it to someone and have something horrible happen. I don't think it would be under much pressure and worst case it lets water into the overflow. welp that's what it's for anyway right? I wish I could set it
Up myself to be honest, but no space or money to put into another one of these.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, what a super bummer. So sorry to see that. Glad to hear a new tank is on the way, but taking everything out sux. I feel for ya

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank will be here Monday and the madness will begin the second I get off work!

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me my vectra l1 ramps up to 100% without me touching it. I had it hooked up to EcoSmart live and then it started. I removed it from my ecosmart live and it's still doing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get home to my return pump blasting on 100% and now the weirdest thing ever. My wet side mp40, the complete piece is spinning on the glass not the propeller (what the heck)

Need some serious help

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending back a dry side mp40.

Atleast the replacement tank arrived today. Already swapping it with the broken one.

I Already have my water made. ammonia and Bio S are on standby.

Hopefully get some pictures tommorow.

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally back on track! Going to add ammonia if all looks good after work tommorow along with bio s.

Should have my dry side mp40 replacement tomorrow also.

Added some Tape LEDs to the underneath of my stand. May grab another to do an outline on the back of the stand. Also Need to grab a battery for the remote so I can change the colors.

Mother board is still under construction .

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just alittle update:

August 2nd dosed Dr.Tims ammonia.
Began with 5 drops of Bio S per day.

After week one. I still didn't have any nitrite. Then I decided to fill 2 of the reactors (carbon and phosphate minus from aquaforest) and start running my skimmer since it finally stopped with the micro bubbles. Shutting the skimmer down when adding Bio S of course. Began seeing nitrite 1-2 days later. Below is where my levels are this evening.

IMG_2763.JPG

This is around the 2 week mark. Thinking of doing a small water change on behalf of nitrites getting to high? Then might add more ammonia once it settles to see if it has indeed cycled.

I Don't see Myself adding any coral or fish on day 14. If I used live sand/rock I believe it would have hit the 14 day mark with the Bio S.

Still waiting to transfer my lights, Apex and exsisting stock.

Now just some more pictures.

Enjoy and as always thanks for snorkeling through my thread!

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back