Cristata or hammer or something else

gobirds4290

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
16
Location
South Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for an ID on this frag I had delivered today. I bought it as a Cristata but the shape of the tentacles has me thinking hammer. I’m not seeing any of the septa that would indicate Cristata either. Any thoughts?

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg
 
Looking for an ID on this frag I had delivered today. I bought it as a Cristata but the shape of the tentacles has me thinking hammer. I’m not seeing any of the septa that would indicate Cristata either. Any thoughts?

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg
If you’re after the name, appears to be a Splatter Hammer (Fymbriaphyllia paraancora cf)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new