Critique my lighting profile

  • Thread starter Thread starter monfilsi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
116W on each of the 2 Uno v2prp.
Wow amazing what the different lenses can accomplish. With the 120 I get a nice blanket of light for my 28"x28" tank footprint not as intense par wise, and I need to use more watts to get higher par numbers. For my mainly lps tank its good. I put a couple tester sps in and already notice I will need a second light source to get coverage for where they shade themselves. I knew that though and didnt intend on sps when setting up the tank. For lps the one light would be fine. For my 180 I wanted a mixed reef again. I was hoping that 3 reefis with 120 lenses would be good, I figured it wouldnt in the long run but as I see now that run isnt as long as I thought.
 
1715528648773.png

I figured I would post my settings to kind of show the difference in the 90 and 120 lenses. I dont have the cool par graph that @monfilsi had put up though. I get about 220 at about 12" down for most of the tank, near the glass its more like 190. Sand bed is around 110-120 most of the tank and 90-100 near the glass. Tank is 28"x28"x24" inside dimensions. About 5-6" below the surface its around 550 but drops off pretty quick from there.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new