Critique the flow in my tank

jimmypencil

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
543
Reaction score
244
Location
south carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_5250.JPG


I have been considering replacing the wave makers i have on the back glass with a gyre. This also made me want to post my flow configuration on here and see what you guys think. I have a nero 3 on each side, one blowing across the front one blowing across the back. The one on the right is pointed at the top of the rockwork where my acros are. They are both on random flow between 60-80%. I have 2 hygger wave makers on the back glass right below my return pump nozzles. They are on max constant flow because they are kind of weak.

I want to replace the 2 hygger wave makers on the back glass with a gyre. I guess i will put it on random flow, or should i put on constant because the neros on each side are on random? i just want to get some more flow in the tank blowing back to front. This would also allow me to put one of the hyggers on the side on the bottom blowing across the back of the rock work.

Let me know your thoughts!
 
If I’m completely honest. Your corals look amazing, your sand is clean and your fish look healthy. I wouldn’t change a winning formula :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new