Critter ID

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on the glass. It looks like it has a tube body with sand in it? Please help ID.

I just watched a second one of these things appear and float to the top of the water. There are a couple on the live rock as well.

Image (3).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was afraid of that. If it's aiptasia will they still multiply in a simple fish only tank? I only have two clowns and a snail at the moment. I don't have any coral/anemone equipment and don't plan to put in any in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oof. I'll start looking for ways to get yrid of them then. Thanks!
Net them while they’re suspended. If on the glass, scrape into net with the edge of a credit card
If on rock- using a syringe..... mix kalkwasser powder with tank water into a thin paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into their center core

OP
OP
P

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Net them while they’re suspended. If on the glass, scrape into net with the edge of a credit card
If on rock- using a syringe..... mix kalkwasser powder with tank water into a thin paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into their center core
I will try that. Thanks! I may try adding peppermint shrimp as well though I only see a few of these pests. It is a 20 gallon so perhaps 2 of them? I don't want a big bio load. Especially since it's a new tank. I read the shrimp won't go after any in a high flow area which shouldn't be a problem in my tank.

Last edited:

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was afraid of that. If it's aiptasia will they still multiply in a simple fish only tank? I only have two clowns and a snail at the moment. I don't have any coral/anemone equipment and don't plan to put in any in.
its not an issue without corals

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will try that. Thanks! I may try adding peppermint shrimp as well though I only see a few of these pests. It is a 20 gallon so perhaps 2 of them? I don't want a big bio load. Especially since it's a new tank. I read the shrimp won't go after any in a high flow area which shouldn't be a problem in my tank.
Plus they are known to turn focus on coral rather than aptasia. If its a few- Syringe will be your friend

OP
OP
P

pulpfiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank after a year of putting a heavily infested live rock in a tank
That's a lot of worms! They look like the good kind though.
Plus they are known to turn focus on coral rather than aptasia. If its a few- Syringe will be your friend
I'm not worried about that. I don't have corals and don't plan to have any. I will for sure syringe them though.

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot of worms! They look like the good kind though.

I'm not worried about that. I don't have corals and don't plan to have any. I will for sure syringe them though.
most worms are good, personally I like the worms more than the fish cause they keep reproducing in my care. it's become a worm city in there.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
most worms are good, personally I like the worms more than the fish cause they keep reproducing in my care. it's become a worm city in there.
1612994938533.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back