cryptic flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mschmidt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Messages
18,613
Reaction score
39,734
Location
Bellingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple baskets of rubble in my sump; they are there to be a sort of cryptic area. At the moment they are in a lower flow spot with the sides without holes facing the direction of flow. should I arrange them to have more flow through them? if so, why?
 
I have a couple baskets of rubble in my sump; they are there to be a sort of cryptic area. At the moment they are in a lower flow spot with the sides without holes facing the direction of flow. should I arrange them to have more flow through them? if so, why?
So is the idea to get cryptic filter feeders there such as sponges? Am I reading that right?
 
So is the idea to get cryptic filter feeders there such as sponges? Am I reading that right?
That's the hope, along with nutrient control.
Tbh, it started as rubble control to keep it contained. But now looking for some higher purpose.
 
That's the hope, along with nutrient control.
Tbh, it started as rubble control to keep it contained. But now looking for some higher purpose.
I have sponges all over my rockwork its actually kinda annoying lol but if its worth anything my flow is on the lower end

I would think they need lower flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new