CSB Anemone found almost dead

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gakaii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gakaii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
107
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had hard time finding my new CSB anemone purchase here in R2R. It was found almost dead between the zoa colonies. I assume it went into one of my mp40 so sad. my question is should i take her out or should i give more time? I've heard that they release toxic when they are dying. thank you in advance

CSB.jpg
 
From that pic, I would chuck it.

With that said, if it's still attached, or the tentacles are sticky, I might leave it be for a while to see if it recovers. If you see it start falling apart, then its definitely dead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new