Ctars dead?

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on with CTARS. Can someone put together something if this can't be revived. Group calls, meetings all that good stuff.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sad that this young reefer got no response!(At least I pm'd him to say it truly is dead)
How are we to sustain the hobby if no one cares?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
deadjim.jpg

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tried, had half a dozen or so live meetings and at most we had what, 4 people? No money and not enough interest for people to even show up to an internet meeting nevermind an in person meeting.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps CTARS as we know it is dead. I believe Kurt's idea of a club spread throughout the state is valid. If a meeting is planned for the east side of the state, it will attract or at least interest the east side of the state.
The folks on the west side of the state won't travel that far for a meeting. And I don't blame them.
In my humble opinion, I believe the LFS of all the regions of the state should be promoting meetings(learning sessions)at their place of business monthly. So, instead of a CTARS sponsored meeting the LFS would be in charge of the details. Let's face it folks, who profits the most from having a vibrant and enthused reef hobby community? Right, the LFS of Connecticut! So why don't they sponsor. This is my idea of a solution to this problem.
The ones who profit the most should be doing the most to promote the hobby.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Not Dead but it needs someone with a lot more enthusiasm than me right now to get it going. We had an opportunity to put together a meeting at Max Reef truthfully I had stuff going on and I dropped the ball on that. The club still has money and could put together some fun events but you really need a core of dedicated people to run things, starting with a full board of directors and other members to help put together events. I'm sure every major store would be happy to host an event

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CT has to be one of the worst reefing states I've seen so far lol
It's Not Dead but it needs someone with a lot more enthusiasm than me right now to get it going. We had an opportunity to put together a meeting at Max Reef truthfully I had stuff going on and I dropped the ball on that. The club still has money and could put together some fun events but you really need a core of dedicated people to run things, starting with a full board of directors and other members to help put together events. I'm sure every major store would be happy to host an event
Something has to be done. Everyone says it's done believes it's done. Honestly there's little to no hope in it based on people i had conversations with so i thought about doing something around the Central CT. How it is new reefers like me can be introduced to new things if the older folks aren't even pushing anything forward. I learned alot by doing tons of research and i continue to everyday. I try meeting new people and seeing what's out there. It's sad i traveled all the way to rapny just to go basically to be around new people and enjoy my time. Besides ffm what else is going on in CT smh

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back