CTARS presents the new Reef Buddy System!

Waz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two questions for you, if you say yes to one of them then KEEP READING!
1. Are you new to all this salt water stuff and wish you had somebody you could connect with easily by text or lived nearby that you could ask questions about the reef hobby?
2. Are you somebody that's been in the hobby for a while and would be willing to share your knowledge?
WELL THEN YOU NEED A REEF BUDDY!

We are piloting this system, we literally thought of it today during the BBQ at Wet Pets. Here's how it will work.

1. Fill out this form
The Official Reef Buddy SignUp Form
2. Wait for me to email or message you back with information on your new Reef Buddy
3. Connect with your Reef Buddy either by Reef2Reef, phone/text, or meet at the next CTARS meeting

It's that simple people!
The thing I ask is if you are a reef veteran and in the club PLEASE consider doing this. We have ALOT of new people joining the club and I know you are all out there. Get out from under that rock and help some newbies out! We were all there at one point!

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed up I won’t lie

I did also. Though I have many seasons under my belt in the hobby and I am more than willing to help out with newbies. I'm also looking for someone who is more advanced than I willing to guide someone. This a hobby that you are ever evolving. This reminds me of the mindset in the military. You learn the job of the person above you and teach to the person below you.

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two questions for you, if you say yes to one of them then KEEP READING!
1. Are you new to all this salt water stuff and wish you had somebody you could connect with easily by text or lived nearby that you could ask questions about the reef hobby?
2. Are you somebody that's been in the hobby for a while and would be willing to share your knowledge?
WELL THEN YOU NEED A REEF BUDDY!

We are piloting this system, we literally thought of it today during the BBQ at Wet Pets. Here's how it will work.

1. Fill out this form
The Official Reef Buddy SignUp Form
2. Wait for me to email or message you back with information on your new Reef Buddy
3. Connect with your Reef Buddy either by Reef2Reef, phone/text, or meet at the next CTARS meeting

It's that simple people!
The thing I ask is if you are a reef veteran and in the club PLEASE consider doing this. We have ALOT of new people joining the club and I know you are all out there. Get out from under that rock and help some newbies out! We were all there at one point!

Love this idea! I may have to “adopt”it into the Westchester County Club that I’m in.

OP
OP
Waz

Waz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of people signed up. Keep them coming people!!!!!! Share this with others in the club!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back