CTARS Scuba Cert Class?

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had John Langlois from Enfield Scuba come out to the FFM this year to give people a chance to chat with him about diving and he got quite a bit of interest. The salt water aquarium keeper and scuba seemed like too good a match. I offered to put up a post to see if there was interest in setting up a scuba cert class for the CT group. The course would be a PADI open water course, and cost about $600, but if we have more than 6 people, it drops to $550. The cost would include the certification (and all fees), gear rentals for the classes and dives, instructor fees, open water dives and a gear package that you get to keep at the end (mask, fins, snorkel, boots, hood, gloves). His shop is up in Enfield so the course would be up there and at a pool up there as well, but would only be on a few days (I think they do three or four sessions). The group could probably arrange a day that works.
Just to be clear, I'm not making any money from this, just offered to post this here to see if there was interest.
-Jon

pmgaudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would it be if you had all your own gear....???
I was in IDIOT years ago and never renewed my cert (in reality it was that I passed and did not have the money to turn my temp into the official) Needless to say I have to retake the course, but I have everything but a mask....
Just checkin

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had students do that but to be honest it doesn't save you that much. They usually just pay the extra few bucks to either replace their stuff or have a spare.

Bow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would it be if you had all your own gear....???
I was in IDIOT years ago and never renewed my cert (in reality it was that I passed and did not have the money to turn my temp into the official) Needless to say I have to retake the course, but I have everything but a mask....
Just checkin

What agency certified you? And the extra mask and find never hurt, ask anyone diving for a while, things break, get left at home or on the dock. Lol I've seen more then one person dive with one of their "spare"fins

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been diving for a few years now. Its definitely a wonderful way to experience those creatures we keep in our little pieces of the ocean in their natural environment. While the upfront cost seems steep, the years of enjoyment scuba diving brings is well worth it IMO.

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had John Langlois from Enfield Scuba come out to the FFM this year to give people a chance to chat with him about diving and he got quite a bit of interest. The salt water aquarium keeper and scuba seemed like too good a match. I offered to put up a post to see if there was interest in setting up a scuba cert class for the CT group. The course would be a PADI open water course, and cost about $600, but if we have more than 6 people, it drops to $550. The cost would include the certification (and all fees), gear rentals for the classes and dives, instructor fees, open water dives and a gear package that you get to keep at the end (mask, fins, snorkel, boots, hood, gloves). His shop is up in Enfield so the course would be up there and at a pool up there as well, but would only be on a few days (I think they do three or four sessions). The group could probably arrange a day that works.
Just to be clear, I'm not making any money from this, just offered to post this here to see if there was interest.
-Jon
I believe I spoke with you about setting this up for the club already? however I would be concerned about participation call me so we can talk in private

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back