CUC disappearing - Euclid / Bobbit Worms?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaesong
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jaesong

Gentlemen Wanderer
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
168
Reaction score
44
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a half eaten hermid crab in my sand and upon inspection overnight found that I have what looks like a group of small euclid/bobbit worms.

They're white/black striped, unlike the ones I've seen in threads here.. Feelers showing above sand, quickly disappear below sand if disturbed.

Does anyone have advice as to their removal? Do I need to just gut the tank? I've just been zapping it with AptasiaX everytime I seen them assuming it was just a small aptasia.

Tried to get a pic, but it blends in so ridiculously well with the sand in the picture..
 
Are you sure it wasn't a molt?
 
It's really blending in with the sand and I don't have a better camera. :( It has the white/black feeler things I'm seeing in pictures.
 
If you know where one of them hangs out trying either just digging it out or place a trap near it, with out pictures it will be very hard to ID it for sure.
 
Spaghetti worms? Have you seen pictures of those?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new