CUC for 25 Gallon Lagoon

Thresher's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2023
Messages
210
Reaction score
55
Location
Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all! My tank is showing diatoms finally so I was thinking it was time to get a CUC. I would like to avoid hermits and do a snail only CUC, but not sure how many of each to get. Since I am in the beginning stages, I figured half the amount would be efficient for now, but the problem is that I don't even know what half the amount would be. I am thinking a mixture of Cerith, Turbo, Nassaurius, Astrea, and maybe Nerite? What do you guys think? Thanks!
 
2 of each works great. If your sand bed shows a lot of ugliness then more nassaurious snails would be great. If fish is a possibility then a diamond watchman goby is great for the sand bed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new