CUC FOR FILTRATION COMPARTMENT ?

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just checking to see if any one puts snails or hermits in the back of there tanks. i have a fusion 40 and i see the pump section getting some detritus back there. i know siphoning it or adding a pump to keep it stirred when be some work . thanks for any input !

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a turbo snail in my sump. My fuge chamber often gets dirty so I put one down there and it's sort of an all you can eat buffet for him. My fuge stays much cleaner now ;)

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can keep a CUC anywhere, but keep in mind that as you remove obstacles to your equipment (namely the skimmer pump and return pump) you're increasing the chance of a CUC member finding a way in to seize, damage, or otherwise cause issues for the system. If you take proper precautions the likelihood of this being an issue is greatly reduced. Just something to keep in mind!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have snails & crabs in my sump I think there is an urchin in there as well.. I put them in the refugio but they show up in all the compartments . I haven't found one in any pump intakes or such. Tyhey are thriving so eating something. Also if You have LR in there also look at all the sponge & such that grows also. I think it's good .

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the inputs, i run a sicce 2.0 pump so the intake would not be a problem for snails or crabs. there is no light back there so detritus is the main thing i am concerned about. i may try and mount a pump with a hose to it to direct flow to different spots to help keep it clean. i do have a lot of pineapple sponges in there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back