CUC help..

Sfwg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently doing research for a CUC for my 40 gallon tall tank and came across this I love the diversity but is it too much? Won't be getting fish for a while. I.e. Christmas time frame. I know it says it's for a 55 gallon. Thoughts... opinions?
Screenshot_20171015-185230.png

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 emeralds? No way, too many. 1 might not live that long with all the other things. I would just get 5 or so hermits and something to move sand.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Big fan of Reefcleaners.org
They have a similar CUC calculator. The thing is that with a new tank, you just don't have much to clean up. So suggest you either get the suggested amount and mix and feed them or get a smaller amount, like 1/3rd the size of your tank, and then add more CUC later as your bio-load increases. Reefcleaners, by the way, have a "fishless" system. So the chance of getting some fish diseases along with your CUC is extremely small.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, wait til cycle is complete.

Go to reefcleaners.org and order a package. for half the size or your tank. They will multiple to the needs of your tank naturally. If you get too many the will starve, and decay/ release nutrients which is opposite of what you want them in there for. Or you'll end up feeding more to keep them alive which defeates the purpose.

Also a good idea to order a bag of live mixed pods while you're already paying for shipping

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back