Cupramine - Treatment

Fernando Parra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys,

I need your help, I have 2 fishes (Naso Tang and Blue Tang) on my display that have been in storage for a few days already. I want to treat them with Cupramine in a small aquarium hospital, my doubts are:

- Can I use the water from my main aquarium in this small hospital to start treatment?
"If I have to make new water, would not I have to cycle this new water?" So what would be the point of cycling an aquarium before inserting the fish?
- Can I put the fish with ictio the same time I put the cupramine in the water or should I expect to stabilize the copper level in 3 days to insert the fish?
- Should I put all the fish that are in this main display in the hospital and start the treatment together, considering that I have ichthus in this tank and that will contaminate all?
"How long do I have to keep in the hospital and put CU in that tank?" Do I have to be dosed every 3 or 4 days with cupramine to maintain 0.5mg?
- How long should I leave the fish under treatment before returning to the main tank?
- What equipment do I need to have in this hospital to maintain oxygenation, filtration, heater, etc?

Sorry for so many questions, because I really do not understand this treatment, and the more I read the more I doubt it, I'll stay.

Thank you!
Fernando Parra

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See my responses in parenthesis after each question.

I want to treat them with Cupramine in a small aquarium hospital (how small is the qt and how big are the fish?)

- Can I use the water from my main aquarium in this small hospital to start treatment? ( yes if the fish have shown no sight of problem. No if any of the fish has shown signs of problem.)

"If I have to make new water, would not I have to cycle this new water?" So what would be the point of cycling an aquarium before inserting the fish? (Have to seed the water with either clean DT water or a live bacteria addictive.)

- Can I put the fish with ictio the same time I put the cupramine in the water or should I expect to stabilize the copper level in 3 days to insert the fish? (all fish should go in at the same time when the qt tank is seeded and start the copper process at the same time.)

- Should I put all the fish that are in this main display in the hospital and start the treatment together, considering that I have ichthus in this tank and that will contaminate all? (Yes)

"How long do I have to keep in the hospital and put CU in that tank?" Do I have to be dosed every 3 or 4 days with cupramine to maintain 0.5mg? (Pls just follow what the bottle says. I think is do the 2nd dosage after 48 hours. Measure to ensure 0.5 ppm of copper, then let that level stay for 14 days. Pls double check the bottle)

- How long should I leave the fish under treatment before returning to the main tank?

- What equipment do I need to have in this hospital to maintain oxygenation, filtration, heater, etc? (Extra air, some pipes for fish to hide, and a sponge or a piece of live rock, heater, Powerhead)

OP
OP
Fernando Parra

Fernando Parra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See my responses in parenthesis after each question.

I want to treat them with Cupramine in a small aquarium hospital (how small is the qt and how big are the fish?)

- Can I use the water from my main aquarium in this small hospital to start treatment? ( yes if the fish have shown no sight of problem. No if any of the fish has shown signs of problem.)

"If I have to make new water, would not I have to cycle this new water?" So what would be the point of cycling an aquarium before inserting the fish? (Have to seed the water with either clean DT water or a live bacteria addictive.)

- Can I put the fish with ictio the same time I put the cupramine in the water or should I expect to stabilize the copper level in 3 days to insert the fish? (all fish should go in at the same time when the qt tank is seeded and start the copper process at the same time.)

- Should I put all the fish that are in this main display in the hospital and start the treatment together, considering that I have ichthus in this tank and that will contaminate all? (Yes)

"How long do I have to keep in the hospital and put CU in that tank?" Do I have to be dosed every 3 or 4 days with cupramine to maintain 0.5mg? (Pls just follow what the bottle says. I think is do the 2nd dosage after 48 hours. Measure to ensure 0.5 ppm of copper, then let that level stay for 14 days. Pls double check the bottle)

- What equipment do I need to have in this hospital to maintain oxygenation, filtration, heater, etc? (Extra air, some pipes for fish to hide, and a sponge or a piece of live rock, heater, Powerhead)

Thank you for your clues, I will star my hospital tank to treat all of them!

I appreciate it!
Fernando

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back